Windows does not detect Xbox One controller on USB

Discussions and questions about the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter
nimble
Beginner

Windows does not detect Xbox One controller on USB

Post by nimble »

I realise this may be very borderline OT... but in the hopes someone else has tried this...

I connected an Xbox One controller to my Windows 8.1 PC last night and it worked fine - Windows detected it.

This morning, I tried again - the white "X" light on the controller flashes slowly for about 10 seconds, then turns off. Windows never detects anything.
The only difference between last night and today is that today I am not at home (where my console is kept) - so my Xbox One console is obviously out of radio range.
Does this mean that I cannot use my XBox One controller as a USB controller on a PC, unless my console is within radio range too? That would be kinda useless.

Thanks!
ElusivePi
Beginner

Re: Windows does not detect Xbox One controller on USB

Post by ElusivePi »

Crazyflie PC Client for windows does support the Xbox One Controller (I use it).

This is a connectivity issue with the Xbox One controller. I think I remember encountering the same problem in the past on my windows 7 64 bit machine. I removed the batteries, uninstall and reinstalled the drivers for the controller, and tried permutations of the aforementioned steps. Eventually, my pc recognized the controller.

You might also want to check that it's not the controller itself or your usb port.

It's not the OS since I've managed to connect the same controller to my laptop, which runs windows 8.1 and the crazyflie client.