Tasks for Quadcopters...

Discussions about quadcopters/multi-rotors
chad
Expert

Tasks for Quadcopters...

Post by chad »

I saw this article a few days ago on the Adafruit feed. The quad mentioned here is tethered with microfiliament line (which is kind of weird if you ask me) but it got me thinking that there are probably a lot of tasks quadcopters could do - especially nano quads like the Crazyflie. After reading the article, I also thought that Bitcraze might want to start marketing to people other than developers, hobbyists, and consumers. I'm sure the Crazyflie 2.0 (with a few mods) could do the same task the one in the article has been contracted for (with different pros and cons — being wireless). Indeed, there are probably a huge assortment of tasks nano quads (and Crazyflie 2.0 in particular) could do. Does anyone know of other duties being performed by quads these days?
Crazyflier - my CF journal...
4x Crazyflie Nano (1.0) 10-DOF + NeoPixel Ring mod.
3x Crazyflie 2.0 + Qi Charger and LED Decks.
Raspberry Pi Ground Control.
Mac OS X Dev Environment.
Walkera Devo7e, ESky ET6I, PS3 and iOS Controllers.
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Tasks for Quadcopters...

Post by tobias »

Interesting article! We think small UAVs will be used in a lot of areas in the future but inspection and search and rescue might be some of the closest in time applications. The Crazyflie or further developed versions can definitely be contenders for such applications.