[SOLVED] crazyflie bricked ? red and green LED not blinking

Post here to get support
markiv
Beginner

[SOLVED] crazyflie bricked ? red and green LED not blinking

Post by markiv »

Hi guys,
I am worried that my crazyflie may have been bricked. It has been functioning fine for the past few weeks since i got it. Yesterday I tried to test firmware flashing through ST link (flashed cflie.hex from original firmware). After that I verified that everything was working through the pc client. So i'm pretty sure the bootloader was not erased by mistake. Am i right in that assumption? When i tried to test the system today, it started fine. I then picked up the vehicle to move it around to display the readings, and immediately lost radio signal. I tried powering up a couple of times to re-establish connection. The frequency of red and green LED blinking got progressively slower until it finally stopped blinking altogether. Now only the blue led lights up. I tried reflashing using ST-link and the error said 'core is held in reset'. So checked the NRST pin (voltage on C7). It is showing about 0.6V (should be 3V). I'm wondering how this could have happened. Could it have been some severe ESD when i picked up the vehicle (i had handled the vehicle a couple of times before the problem happened, so it seems strange if that is the case). Could the capacitor C7 have gone bad? It is showing a resistance of 7k across its pads. Would it be advisable to remove the capacitor?
Please advise. Thanks a lot!
markiv
Beginner

Re: crazyflie bricked ? red and green LED not blinking

Post by markiv »

Sorry, it is capacitor C1, not C7.
markiv
Beginner

Post by markiv »

So i removed the faulty capacitor C1 and the system is working now.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

OK great that you managed to fix it on you own! Marking as solved.
chornster
Beginner

Re: [SOLVED] crazyflie bricked ? red and green LED not blink

Post by chornster »

Hi! My crazyflie is having a similar set of symptoms- turns on, but no red or green light, and no contact with the computer. I used my multimeter to check the voltage across C1, but I wasn't able to replicate your result - how did you determine C1 was the problem? Is there anything else you might suggest I check if I am having this issue?
Thanks!
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: [SOLVED] crazyflie bricked ? red and green LED not blink

Post by tobias »

Did you manage to find the problem?