Crazyflie motors not initializing

Post here to get support
dan
Beginner

Crazyflie motors not initializing

Post by dan »

Hi,
I've just received my Crazyflie and have soldered the motors on. I've followed the instructions, and watched the video over and over to see if I've missed something.
When I attach the battery what happens is the blue lights stay solid and green and red lights blink continuously. None of the motors initialize or spin at all.
Any idea what the problem might be? possibly defective board? Any help here would be great.

Thanks,
Dan
trpetty
Beginner

Re: Crazyflie motors not initializing

Post by trpetty »

I'd be interested to know how to troubleshoot this. I have the same problem.

Thanks,
--Tim
chad
Expert

Post by chad »

Those motor solder pads are really tiny and close together. They're also mighty close to a few resistors. Soldering the motors was one of the hardest solder jobs I've done in a while (I have no SMT solder skills). Can you visually verify (with a really good magnifying lens) that you don't have any solder bridges or wire shorts between motor pads or between motor pads and resistors? That'd be my first check. After that, maybe some hardware gurus here can help out with some other tests...? If you have a good enough camera, maybe you can snap some pics and check them out blown up on your computer (or post them here for feedback)?
Crazyflier - my CF journal...
4x Crazyflie Nano (1.0) 10-DOF + NeoPixel Ring mod.
3x Crazyflie 2.0 + Qi Charger and LED Decks.
Raspberry Pi Ground Control.
Mac OS X Dev Environment.
Walkera Devo7e, ESky ET6I, PS3 and iOS Controllers.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

It sounds like the board is rebooting. Possibly because of a short which is enabled when the motors start their test. If you have a multimeter please check if there is any shorts between the motor connector pads.