Cannot Find Crazyradio Dongle

Post here to get support
ElusivePi
Beginner

Cannot Find Crazyradio Dongle

Post by ElusivePi »

Hi All,

I finished assembling the nano quad the other but haven't had any luck getting it to fly. The followings are the steps I've taken. Don't assume I've done all that's necessary to fly the radio

Controller: XBOX 1 (Recognized)
PC: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64bit

1. I installed the PC client
2. I installed the Crazyradio dongle driver (see attached)
3. I turn on the nano quad, blue light is solid, red light blinks at 2Hz
4. Pressed "connect", "scan" --> Nothing appears.

Then tried going into Crazyflie > bootloader > Clicked Initiate bootloader coldboot
and received the status message "Cannot find a Crazyradio Dongle"

I'm not sure what's wrong.
Attachments
C.png
Analogy
Beginner

Re: Cannot Find Crazyradio Dongle

Post by Analogy »

Same problem here. The Crazyradio shows up in Device Manager under "libusb-win32 devices", but Crazyflie PC client doesn't see it. If I use Virtualbox to load the Bitcraze VM, the PC client under Linux *does* see the dongle and connects to the copter just fine, but here's the really maddening part, my wired XBox controller is refusing to attach to my VM session, leaving me with either a working controller but no radio dongle under Windows, or a working radio dongle but no controller under Linux! I'm honestly torn between breaking into manic laughter or tears over here.
ElusivePi
Beginner

Re: Cannot Find Crazyradio Dongle

Post by ElusivePi »

I finally got the quadrotor to fly!

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit version. Assuming that you've never flown the quad before (your quad is in straight-out-of-the-box condition), it seems you have to do a few things before you can actually "connect" to the quad and fly it.

What I did/ What you will need:
Crazyflie Quad, Controller (I'm using an XBOX One controller), Radio USB Dongle, Micro-B USB Cable

0. Install PC client.
1. Download zadig(http://zadig.akeo.ie/) for your OS.
2 Download the latest firmware (https://bitbucket.org/bitcraze/crazyfli ... 4.01.0.bin) for your crazyflie.
3. Use zadig to install the driver for your dongle. (Drop down-box should have USB Radio Dongle selected, the field next to the green arrow should be set to "libusb-win32", then click "Install WCID Driver"). You should receive feedback from zadig telling you that the driver installation was successful.
Note: If after all these instructions your PC still doesn't recognize the dongle, locate and uninstall the driver in device manager and then reinstall it using zadig.
4. Go to PC client and verify that the controller input is accepted. (Moving inputs on the controller should change the state of the Thrust,pitch,roll,etc.. fields under "target" statistics, even if when you haven't connected the quad).
5. Go to Crazyflie -> Bootloader. Make sure your quad is turned off. Click "Initiate bootloader cold boot". Immediately turn on your quad. Status bar should then read successful. Load the bin file from step 2 and click "program". This should be successful. Click "restart in firmware mode". Your quad will then reset.
6. Try connecting now.