Flashing failed by VM

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
luckpolar

Flashing failed by VM

Post by luckpolar »

Hello, everyone
I use the VM_0.6 for the firmware change(my crazyflie is 1.0,and PC is win7 64bits ).
when I use the VirtualBox, the make cloud Progress is perfect and when I click the "flash by crazyradio", the computer couldn't find the crazyradio.Even if I had already choosen the crazyradio in the USB. :(
When I use the VMare Player, the make cloud Progress has a warning ,and when I click the "flash by crazyradio",the Flash progress finished and the crazyflie died, I turn on the switch ,only the LED blue lighted, the LED Green and Red are all in dark. :o
I have tried the VM_0.5 in both Virtual Machine,But I couldn't open either of them. The display is black. :shock:
And now, I even can't fly the crazyflie in PC,the client couldn't find the crazyflie.
:cry:
Could anyone give me some suggestions?
Thank you~
luckpolar

Re: Flashing failed by VM

Post by luckpolar »

I run the VM 0.4 on Vitural Box and save my Crazyflie 1.0
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Hi,

Have you updated the project in the VM 0.6? The software shipped in the VM did have a but with flashing the CF nano. There is a script on the desktop that can be used to update all project to there latest version.
luckpolar

Post by luckpolar »

arnaud wrote:Hi,

Have you updated the project in the VM 0.6? The software shipped in the VM did have a but with flashing the CF nano. There is a script on the desktop that can be used to update all project to there latest version.
I run the VM 0.6 and the script.
ALL project were in the latest version.
but ,when I run the build the CLOAD, it turns a warning. And if I ignore the warning, the crazyflie 1.0 flashed by the CLOAD would be dead.
Something must be wrong.
Unfortunately, I don't know where...
Last edited by luckpolar on Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
luckpolar

Post by luckpolar »

arnaud wrote:Hi,

Now , I use the VM0.4 to build the CLOAD and flash my CF1.0.
It turns well and I can run the examples in video.
chad
Expert

Post by chad »

luckpolar wrote:ALL project were in the latest version.
but ,when I run the build the CLOAD, it turns a warning. And if I ignore the warning, the crazyflie 1.0 flashed by the CLOAD would be dead.
Something must be wrong.
Unfortunately, I don't know where...
I think the 0.6 VM is setup for CF 2.0. Thus, the crazyflie-firmware repository is on branch "crazyflie2." You can check this by changing into ~/projects/crazyflie-firmware and running:

Code: Select all

git branch
If there's a star (*) next to crazyflie2 then change to the master branch by running the following inside the crazyflie-firmware directory:

Code: Select all

git checkout master
Does the make and cload work OK after doing this? It should at this point.
Crazyflier - my CF journal...
4x Crazyflie Nano (1.0) 10-DOF + NeoPixel Ring mod.
3x Crazyflie 2.0 + Qi Charger and LED Decks.
Raspberry Pi Ground Control.
Mac OS X Dev Environment.
Walkera Devo7e, ESky ET6I, PS3 and iOS Controllers.