Make your own CF Client exe

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
DesTinY

Make your own CF Client exe

Post by DesTinY »

Hi,
i want to share my first experience to build a CF_Client.exe with py2exe and NSIS ( creates Windows installer).

I use Win7 with Eclipse and Git(Addon) for development.

What you need is:
1. All Libraries from the Wiki for CF Client development
2. PY2EXE for py2.7(win32)
3. NSIS Compiler ( creates Windows installer if needed)
(If you get error about missing dll, download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package)

Because of include errors in setup.py (rev103) i have to change "options" (from line 44) in setup.py as follows:

Code: Select all

options={"py2exe" : {"includes" : ["sip", "PyQt4", "cfclient.ui.widgets", "cflib.bootloader.cloader",
                                         "cfclient.ui.toolboxes.*", "cfclient.ui.*", "cfclient.ui.tabs.*",
                                         "cfclient.ui.widgets.*", "cfclient.ui.dialogs.*", #"pygame._view",
                                        ],
                           "excludes" : ["AppKit", "PyQt4.uic.port_v3",
                                        ],
                           "dll_excludes": ["MSVCP90.dll"],
                           "skip_archive": True,
                          }}
After these changes you can run (in Eclipse) "/crazyflie-pc-client/setup.py" as Python RUN with the Argument "install" (see RUN Configurations -> Arguments) and then run setup.py again as Python RUN with the Argument "py2exe".

Now you can find the exe at "...\workspace\crazyflie-pc-client\dist\cfclient.exe".

If you want to make an installer of it run ".../crazyflie-pc-client/win32install/generate_nsis.py" as Python RUN and compile the generated "cfclient.nsi" file (same folder) with NSIS (context menu in Windows File Explorer).

I don't know if py2exe and NSIS are already in the VM?
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Make your own CF Client exe

Post by tobias »

Many thanks for your instructions DesTinY!