crazyradio+skywalker

Firmware/software/electronics
notused
Beginner

crazyradio+skywalker

Post by notused »

Hello,
I have a question about Crazyradio in combination with another quadcopter.
I bought a Crazyradio and a hm1306 skywalker. According to deviation I found out that skywalker has the same chip as the crazyfly.

I already looked around here on the forums, wiki and github/bitbucket but I cannot find anything useful.
Can someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance!
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: crazyradio+skywalker

Post by arnaud »

Hi,
We talked about deviation on this post: http://www.bitcraze.se/2014/05/things-h ... community/ apparently there is a beta support of the deviation controller firmware to control Crazyflie.

/Arnaud
notused
Beginner

Post by notused »

Thanks for the response, but I want to control another quadcopter (hm1306 skywalker, not crazyflie) using the crazyradio.
I'm currently trying to use this without "opening the controller/using arduino" and using the crazyradio instead.
I'll report back here when I get it to work, any help is much appreciated :)
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

You have to make sure your quad is using a nordic nrf24 radio, otherwise there is a bit change it will not be compatible with Crazyradio. If it is not an nRF24 looking at the packet format in the datasheet should show if it can be compatible or not.
notused
Beginner

Post by notused »

Well, according to deviation (click "Supported Models"), both quads use a NRF24L01 module which should imply they use the same radio, at least I hope.