Cannot open Crazyradio [Errno 40] [Win7 x64]

Post here to get support
SkyyPunk
Beginner

Re: Cannot open Crazyradio [Errno 40] [Win7 x64]

Post by SkyyPunk »

Rebooted with driver signing requirements disabled...still not working with either the Windows or straight python versions. Not sure what else to try at this point...

foosel - I wouldn't think it would matter...but what edition of Win7 x64 are you running? I was off earlier, actually running Ultimate on all of mine
foosel
Expert

Post by foosel »

Professional, with SP1:
System_2013-06-08_09-18-09.png
Also: AR.Drone 2.0 (RC-enabled thanks to self-soldered MiruMod) and Hubsan X4 H107
SkyyPunk
Beginner

Post by SkyyPunk »

Thanks foosel! So you installed the driver, installed the CFClient, and it just worked? No other tweaks or anything needed?

I tried messing around with my machines and getting this working natively again but still no go. Driver appears to install fine as usual but the client never sees the CR
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Hi SkyyPunk, Can you try the libusb device filter: http://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb- ... e/download

It normally permits libusb to access a device that would also have another driver installed. To use it, install the filter, launch "filter wizard" and install a device filter for the Crazyradio. This will make sure that the crazyradio is accessible with libusb.

Also, do you have any other installation of Python and Pyusb on your machine? (there could be some 64bit/32bit missmatch)
foosel
Expert

Post by foosel »

SkyyPunk wrote:Thanks foosel! So you installed the driver, installed the CFClient, and it just worked? No other tweaks or anything needed?
Indeed
arnaud wrote:Also, do you have any other installation of Python and Pyusb on your machine? (there could be some 64bit/32bit missmatch)
Maybe it's worth mentioning that my default python installation (the one that PATH points to) is a 32bit install of Python 2.7.2.
Also: AR.Drone 2.0 (RC-enabled thanks to self-soldered MiruMod) and Hubsan X4 H107
SkyyPunk
Beginner

Post by SkyyPunk »

arnaud wrote:Hi SkyyPunk, Can you try the libusb device filter: http://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb- ... e/download

It normally permits libusb to access a device that would also have another driver installed. To use it, install the filter, launch "filter wizard" and install a device filter for the Crazyradio. This will make sure that the crazyradio is accessible with libusb.

Also, do you have any other installation of Python and Pyusb on your machine? (there could be some 64bit/32bit missmatch)
Not seeing CR in the filter list. Can't find the hardware ID listed either... I also tried this in my VM where it works and it also didn't list it.

I only have the x86 versions installed (first time with them on these machines)

Thanks again for your help so far, I'm sure it's annoying helping troubleshoot from a distance :P
M13yrne
Beginner

Post by M13yrne »

I also experienced this problem after installing the Crazyradio with Win 7 x64. Errno 40 could not connect, I followed the instructions on the wiki but for some reason dongle would not communicate via CF client in win 7.

I tried nearly all of the suggestions posted, before I gave in and downloaded VirtualBox, Bitcraze VM 0.3, and it worked beautifully.
Up until 15 minutes ago I had never flown a quadcopter, and now I have! :D Unfortunately I now need to replace M1 since my flying "skills" need some refining :lol:

Two pieces of advice I will share from this experience: 1.) Just run the VM if you are on Win 7 x64, it works well. 2.) Consider learning to fly on a less expensive platform than the Crazyflie, even though it can take quite an impressive beating. And thank you guys for developing this thing! I have had so much fun building/troubleshooting/learning the Crazyflie.

PS. If anyone has been curious, I live at 2400m elevation and it still generates impressive lift.