[SOLVED] Crazyflie does not take off

Post here to get support
vatula
Beginner

[SOLVED] Crazyflie does not take off

Post by vatula »

Hi guys, I have an issue with crazyflie.

I am using android app to control the robot (don't have a joystick). My problem is that crazyflie does not take off the ground for some reason. When I increase thrust to it's upper limit (100%), quad starts slowly spinning on the book. All propellers are spinning. But it does not take off the ground.

Propellers with "A" label are on M2 and M4. Propellers with no labels are on M1 and M3. They are attached as per instruction.

I have attached images of an assembled quad. Just in case.

What should I do to fix it?
IMAG3285.jpg
IMAG3286.jpg
zak
Beginner

Re: Crazyflie does not take off

Post by zak »

Hi vatula,

From the photo of the underside of your Flie it looks like you've soldered all the wires the same way, i.e. with the white wire attached to the oval pad. Unfortunately these need to alternate, with M2 and M4 having the black wire attached to the oval pad. You can see this section of the wiki for a diagram of how the motor wires should be soldered. It shouldn't be a difficult fix though - you just need to desolder the wires from M2 and M4 and reverse the pads they're connected to.

Good luck - let us know how you go!
vatula
Beginner

Post by vatula »

zak wrote:these need to alternate, with M2 and M4 having the black wire attached to the oval pad. You can see this section of the wiki for a diagram of how the motor wires should be soldered. It shouldn't be a difficult fix though - you just need to desolder the wires from M2 and M4 and reverse the pads they're connected to.

Good luck - let us know how you go!
Ah! Thank you, that is most probably my problem. I'll re-solder it and let you know.
vatula
Beginner

Post by vatula »

zak wrote:Good luck - let us know how you go!
All good, thank you!