[RE-OPEN] Broken firmware problem

Post here to get support
seba
Beginner

Re: Problem

Post by seba »

tobias wrote:Can you check for any shorts on M1 connector. It is possible that the CF resets due to a short when it tests motor M1.
I've checked it thoroughly before conecting power (because my soldering skills aren't overwhelming :oops:) re-checked it now with multimeter and I get about 2 Ohms on overy motor (measured on pads).
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

I tried replicating your problem with no luck. Most often the Crazyflie stays in the bootloader which can be seen by that the red and green led are alternating when blinking. Also it is no problem for me to flash it using the bootloader afterwards even if the firmware is corrupted.
Has the behaviour always been like this, flashing with the to leds? The two led flash indicate that the bootloader started which seem to restart over and over again.
Since the red led on the Crazyradio is blinking it indicates it is searching for the Crazyflie so that part should be OK.

All the Crazyflies are actually flashed using the wireless bootloader in production so it should have been working there. Are you able to get hold of a JTAG programmer with a ARM-10pin connector?
seba
Beginner

Post by seba »

tobias wrote:Has the behaviour always been like this, flashing with the to leds? The two led flash indicate that the bootloader started which seem to restart over and over again.
From first power-on it was like this. Maybe I over-heat some element while soldering, but visually everything looks normal...
tobias wrote:Are you able to get hold of a JTAG programmer with a ARM-10pin connector?
Sadly no, I'll look with some near by friends....
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

It might be a manufacturing problem which allows you to get a replacement, but that will take time so if you don't want to wait try programming it with a JTAG. The supplied 2x5 pin header is meant for that.
seba
Beginner

Post by seba »

tobias wrote:It might be a manufacturing problem which allows you to get a replacement, but that will take time so if you don't want to wait try programming it with a JTAG. The supplied 2x5 pin header is meant for that.
No chances to flash it over JTAG. I already ordered two more new CF's - should have done that in pre-order ;)
seba
Beginner

Post by seba »

tobias wrote:It can be programmed with a JTAG programmer....
Expecting my JTAG programmer for STM32 to arrive today, so I'll try to unbrick it. Possibly it will help.
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: [RE-OPEN] Broken firmware problem

Post by tobias »

Keep us updated. What JTAG programmer did you get and does it come with a ARM JTAG 10-pin connector?
seba
Beginner

Post by seba »

tobias wrote:Keep us updated. What JTAG programmer did you get and does it come with a ARM JTAG 10-pin connector?
I ordered this. It has IDC10-JTAG connector.

Sadly it seems that my order suddenly disappeared from stock since monday, and they say it will be delivered next week. :x
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

It looks like the IDC10 cable has a 2.54mm pitch, but you need a 1.27mm pitch. The pin-out seems correct though so the question is if there is an adapter available. Most adapters I can find are from ARM 20-pin 2.54 pitch to ARM 10-pin 1.27mm so if you can't find an adapter I would cancel the order and buy another one.

We use the Bus Blaster V3 with an ARM 20-pin 2.54 pitch to ARM 10-pin 1.27mm adapter cable.