[SOLVED] CF2 dead after running out of battery while flashing

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
Veerachart

[SOLVED] CF2 dead after running out of battery while flashing

Post by Veerachart »

Hi guys,

One of my Crazyflie 2.0 died, with only M2 blue LED on and not responding to the switch, both short and long presses. I think this happened while I was trying to flash new firmware on bootloader via Crazyradio dongle (my modified firmware which I have been testing for a while without problems). The battery ran out while I was uploading the firmware so it was not complete, resulting in dead CF2 :?

I also cannot find it using cfclient on PC. Removing the battery for a long time doesn't help. Is there any way I can reset the memory and get it back working again?

Thanks.
Last edited by Veerachart on Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: CF2 dead after running out of battery while flashing

Post by tobias »

Can you get it into bootloader mode? Try with a USB cable only (no bat) and hold the button while connecting the cable.

Also the battery will charge even though the main FW isn't working, but very slowly (100mA) so do it in powered off mode.
Veerachart

Post by Veerachart »

tobias wrote:Can you get it into bootloader mode? Try with a USB cable only (no bat) and hold the button while connecting the cable.

Also the battery will charge even though the main FW isn't working, but very slowly (100mA) so do it in powered off mode.
I can't get into bootloader mode. It doesn't respond to the switch, so I can't turn it off too. If the battery or USB cable is connected, the LED turns on (and I think CF is on).
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Were you able to get into booloader mode using USB power? Hold the switch, then connect the USB cable and hold it for about 3 seconds until the blue M2 LED starts to blink. Release it an the blue M3 LED should also start to blink and you are in bootloader mode?
Veerachart

Post by Veerachart »

tobias wrote:Were you able to get into booloader mode using USB power? Hold the switch, then connect the USB cable and hold it for about 3 seconds until the blue M2 LED starts to blink. Release it an the blue M3 LED should also start to blink and you are in bootloader mode?
Thanks Tobias, that solved it. It came back to life :)

I never knew we can access the bootloader by this method.